CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, September 18, 2010

A year and another child later




So...haven't posted in over a year but what can I say but I've been busy. Meet our newest addition:
Caleb James Alexander
9lbs, 0 oz
19.75 Inches Long
September 7, 2010

I wanted to have a VBAC so I read all the books, got a doula, bought birth supplies and many natural products to help ripen my cervix. Then I waited and waited and nothing, no contractions, nada. Went for a sonogram after my due date and they scared me with the prediction of a very large baby so I set a c-section date for a week later if he hadn't come. I then tried many things not excluding enemas and castor oil to go into labor. Nothing happened and c-section day came. Oh well, baby Caleb came out right away although Doc said my uterus just laid there and didn't respond kinda like I had had twins or something. Might explain the no contractions part. Caleb is healthy and happy so sometimes God has different plans.

0 comments: